The Best Cure for Headaches

by Alex Miller

Sex Is the Best Cure for Headaches

Man rubbing his temples with face blurred out

Is a headache really an excuse to not to have sex? According to the latest researches sex is a great cure for some migraines.

Study on Headache and Sex Relation

The University of Munster, Germany, conducted a study about the relationship between sex and headaches. According to results, sexual activity can be more effective than taking painkillers and provides partial or complete relief from headache pain.

During the study, they sent an anonymous survey to 1000 headache sufferers including migraines and cluster headaches, asked for experience with sexual activity during a headache attack and its impact on headache intensity.

More than 350 migraine patients had experience with sexual activity during a headache attack and out of these patients, more than 200 of them reported an improvement of their headache. Almost 75% of them reported moderate to complete relief while the remaining 25% reported worsening of their symptoms. Like the migraine patients, 37% of those suffering from cluster headache, reported a reduction in their pain levels.

Why does Sex help Headaches?

The human body releases hormones called endorphins during sexual intercourse which are the natural painkillers of the body. With no side effects and no risk of addiction we say use the natural cure and stay away from the painkillers!

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Explore more

Share this